Description: The GlycoEnzDB is a manually curated glycoEnzyme database, primarily focused on humans. It covers 390 enzymes across 28 pathway maps. Facilities are also available to create custom glycosylation reaction pathways using experimental data in SBML format and for pathway simulation
Contacts: Sriram Neelamegham (email@example.com), Yusen Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ted Groth (email@example.com).
• These enzymes sequentially add 5-mannose from GDP-man to generate Man5Glc2-PP-Dol.
• Alg1 is a β1-4Mannosyltransferase.
• Alg2 adds both a(1-3) and a(1-6) Mannose to Man1GlcNAc2-PP-Dol.
• Alg1, Alg2, and Alg11 mannosyltransferases are ER membrane proteins with catalytic domains that face the cytosol and that use GDP-man as the sugar donor for mannosylation.
• Deficiencies in Alg1, Alg2, and Alg11 result in CDG-Ik, CDG-Ii and CDG-Ip, respectively.
• Intermediate glycan built on dolichol phosphate containing 7 monosaccahrides is flipped into the ER lumen. This is further built with 4 Man and 3 Glc.