Description: The GlycoEnzDB is a manually curated glycoEnzyme database, primarily focused on humans. It covers 390 enzymes across 28 pathway maps. Facilities are also available to create custom glycosylation reaction pathways using experimental data in SBML format and for pathway simulation
Contacts: Sriram Neelamegham (email@example.com), Yusen Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ted Groth (email@example.com).
• GLCE (C5-epimerase) mediates the conversion of GlcA on HS/heparin to IdoA adjacent to GlcNS N-sulfated sugar residues.
• GLCE can form a complex with HS2ST1 to facilitate conversion of GlcA to IdoA2S.
• Heparin is extensively sulfated and has a high content of IdoA (typically 50-90 % of the total hexuronic acid), whereas HS has a more varied structure, generally less sulfated and with lower IdoA content than heparin (typically 30-55 % of the total hexuronic acid).
• Heparin is only expressed by connective-tissue-type mast cells, whereas HS is produced by all other mammalian (and many nonmammalian) cells.
• GLCE knockout mice exhibit a variety of abnormalities including the lack of kidneys