Description: The GlycoEnzDB is a manually curated glycoEnzyme database, primarily focused on humans. It covers 390 enzymes across 28 pathway maps. Facilities are also available to create custom glycosylation reaction pathways using experimental data in SBML format and for pathway simulation
Contacts: Sriram Neelamegham (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yusen Zhou (email@example.com) or Ted Groth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Mediates the α1,6-fucosylation of N-glycans in many eukaryotes, but not plants and fungi.
• FUT8 primarily acts on complex and hybrid N-glycans as it requires GlcNAc-beta attached to Asn, and also the β1,2 GlcNAc residue linked to the α1,3 mannose arm.
• In some instances this may be cancer specific as core fucosylation is observed specifically on hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), but not in chronic liver disease.
• Depletion of the core fucose in human IgG1 enhances the antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) activity.
• FUT8 activity is inhibited by bisecting GlcNAc (produced by MGAT3) and also terminal fucosylation.
• FUT8 is highly expressed in brain tissue, human blood platelet, cancer tissues and cancer cell lines.