Description: The GlycoEnzDB is a manually curated glycoEnzyme database, primarily focused on humans. It covers 390 enzymes across 28 pathway maps. Facilities are also available to create custom glycosylation reaction pathways using experimental data in SBML format and for pathway simulation
Contacts: Sriram Neelamegham (email@example.com), Yusen Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ted Groth (email@example.com).
• Chondroitin sulfate chains are composed of GlcAβ1-3GalNAcβ1-4 repeating unit. Various sulfotransferases, CHST3, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and UST, sulfate either GalNAc and GlcA residues. CS are a major functional component of aggrecan, and needed for cartilage formation and maintenance. It is also involved in interactions with growth factors pleiotrophin and midkine.
• CHST3 (C6ST-1) and CHST7 (C6ST-2) are Chondroitin 6-sulfotransferases that attach sulfate to C6 of GalNAc. They are both type II transmembrane proteins.
• CHST3 can also sulfate C6 of Gal in keratin sulfate and sialyl LacNAc oligonucleotides, but not SLeX. It may also sulfate GAG protein linkage. This is not the only sulfoT capable of modifying keratin sulfate.
• C4-sulfation prevents C6-sulfation by CHST3.
• CHST3 KO-mice are fertile and show no obvious pathological features. Some repair mechanisms were impaired.
• CHST3 and CHST15 are secreted into culture medium.